Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Washington Monument

This is a view of the Lincoln Memorial from the other side of the reflecting pool. It is calm and peaceful around the pool.

Many people seem to enjoy walking and jogging around the pool. It's hard to believe how many joggers we saw. They made me feel guilty (and tired). Ducks also enjoyed the pool.

The picture below gives new meaning to 'bottoms up'. I knew my kids would love to see that one! I'm sorry to inflict that on you but I just had to <:)

At the other end of the reflecting pool is the Washington Monument. It is amazing. I seem to have hundreds of pictures of this monument. It seemed like no matter where you were you could see it. Some of the people in our group used it as a compass to find their way around the city.
Here is a closer shot. It's easier to see the two different colors of the monument. We wondered about this. It so happened that the building of this monument was disrupted and after a time started again. The builders I guess used slightly different stone to finish it.


No comments:

Post a Comment