Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Roosevelt Memorial

The Roosevelt Memorial was kind of like a walk in the park. It was set up with trees, plants, statues, and waterfalls. It was beautiful and relaxing. Well the stuff I could see was. We toured it at night and some of the lighting wasn't very good.

One of the first statues was of Roosevelt in his wheel chair.


Another was of a man listening to his radio. That seems silly now a days but soon people will think it odd to watch TVas we do. There are other statues that depict life in those times and at least one more of Roosevelt with his cape covering his wheelchair.


Near the middle were these eerie pillars. I think someone said it was a tower that told the story in braille(?) It had impressions of people's faces. They were pretty neat. I thought my kids would like to see them.







I reallly enjoyed the waterfalls andwater features. These are really relaxing and the lights on them were beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment