Saturday, September 19, 2009

Home

We're back! It's nice to get away but I always love to get home again. The kids and animals survived our absence. The teenagers seemed to enjoy being "on their own" a little. They did a great job with the kids. The kids even said so.



Back to our trip. We rode on a bus most of the first day. After we checked in it was time to eat. They had appetizers then a buffet. With over one hundred people in front of us we decided to wait to get our food. It was worth the wait. I loved the salad. It had water crest in it and some other different greens in it. The prime rib and fish were good also. I must enjoy eating too much-I almost missed the next activity trying to finish. After this we went on a night tour of the monuments. We were on the top of a double decker bus. My seat was right on top of the speaker so I was vibrated most of the time. What a weird sensation. My muscles loosened up good though. I'm glad they didn't charge extra for the massage.


The next day we were on our own most of the day. Being the industrious go getters that we are- we woke up at the unearthly hour of 10 o'clock (what do you expect we were on vacation). We started by going to some memorials that we missed the night before. Hopefully you will get to see pictures of them later. The most memorable was the Vietnam memorial- The Wall. My husband had never seen it before so he was very impressed. After that we went to a few Smithsonian Museums. We started to go into the Museum of American History but we had trouble with the weapons check. My Swiss Army Knife was passed but when the guard saw Scott take his machete out of his pocket she told us we couldn't go in. We decided to take them back to the hotel then try again. We went and visited a few museums but by that time we were getting sore from walking and were running out of time. So being the old people that we are we vegged in the hotel watching T.V. That night we went to ESPN Zone. Scott loved it. They have TVs every where. Even in the bathrooms. I hope Scott doesn't get any ideas! They also have an arcade in the basement and Scott's company gave us a charged card so we could play. It was exciting to see these older people (mostly men) enjoying themselves on the games. I played a basketball hoop game against Scott. He won one game and I won one. It was fun!


The next day we loaded up and went to the Air and Space Museum at Dulles Airport. It was amazing to see all the aircraft. There was even a space shuttle there. WOW! Our last stop was home.


It was a great trip. I spent a lot of time with my husband and ate way too much food but it was fun.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a great time! I'm a little worried about the knife episode, but since I know you fairly well....

    ReplyDelete